CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #6

I love the RSS reader because I can go through the content on some of my favorite sites quickly. One of sites I subscribed to is for expecting mothers. I am a part of three groups and this allows me to keep up with all of them. I've quickly learned that the December 1st time Mom's group is probably not the best one for me, although I am due on December 1st. There haven't been a lot of posts here and I am realizing, by the posts, that I am further along in my pregnancy than the rest of the group. I can answer their questions, since I seem to be a few weeks ahead, but they can't really answer mine. The other two groups, November 2009 and the November 2009 Turkey babies are more helpful. They seem to either be ahead of me or right where I am at in my pregnancy. There is also a lot more response on these two blogs so I like the fact that the RSS reader let's me skim them instead of clicking through everything. This has become a great personal tool and I have used it every day to see what is going on with the other expecting mothers.

On a professional level it also lets me skim through the pieces on the various blogs that I'm interested in. I love the fact that we don't have to visit those sites every day. I skipped over a lot of the pieces and focused on the ones I really wanted to take the time and read. For example, I love Cool Cat Teacher Blog's article on getting rid of traditional textbooks. Since I teach a class that doesn't have a textbook I have seen the best of both worlds. I sometimes long for a textbook for my class, but I love the idea of having textbooks online so that they can constantly be updated, especially history and science books. Besides, we are trying use more technology in the classroom and this would be a great way. I can't wait to see where all of this goes and I found this article something that everyone should read. I'm just glad I had my RSS reader to help me find this article quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment