CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #9



I found that once you could figure out a good tag to help you find pictures it was fairly simple. I also liked the fact that Flickr gives you suggestions for other tags you could use. I can see several uses for Flickr in my classroom and personally. I decided to see if my students could use Flickr in their Decades Research project. I chose one of the decades (1950s) to see what I could find that may be useful in their products. I actually found a lot and could easily see how it would enhance my student's projects. It also offers a new way for them to find pictures faster than having to go through a lot of websites to find acceptable pictures. I can only imagine how far my
students could take this. I see so much potential for
all kinds of projects using Flickr.

Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile Circa 1950's
by Geoff Livingston
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoliv/2753764063/sizes/o/

3 comments:

  1. Did you find the Flickr Creative Commons search? This will only give you pictures that people have already given you permission to use, providing you attribute the image to the owner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use Creative Commons to find this. Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the Wiener Wagon when I went to Honolulu!

    ReplyDelete