CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #8

I've never noticed the CC on any websites, but that is because I didn't know to look for it. It is definitely something I will look for now. I can see how Creative Commons could be helpful to students on their projects, but the biggest problem I see is that they have to know about it first. I never knew that anything we create is copyrighted. I've used a lot of videos, pictures, and other things in my teaching and I'm now wondering how was it protected. I think that I used them correctly under the copyright laws, but now I'm not so sure. I think that the Creative Commons would definitely put people's minds at ease if they knew it wasn't so restricted as under the traditional copyright laws. However, the biggest downside of Creative Commons is that you have to know it exists. I have never heard of it before so I could never take advantage of it. This goes for our students as well, they can't use it unless someone tells them about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment