CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #14

I think Wikis are a great tool. I really liked the Schools in the Past wiki. It shows that any age group can do this. I also like the fact that it helped get the parents and grandparents involved with the project. Even though it was very simplistic, I still learned things about schools in the past that I didn't know and that is what I'm trying to get my students to do as well. Another interesting wiki was the 1001 Flat World Tales. What a great way to get students to write and to help them learn about editing. The only sad thing about it is that it looks like it hasn't been updated since the 2007-2008 school year. The Code Blue wiki was neat as well. I explored several of their links and I love the pictures and information that the students added to the pages. My favorite page was the "Yucky and Cool body systems". I love the fact that students can use the search boxes at the top of the page to find out about snot, vomit, pimples, and so much more. What a fun wiki.

As for my classroom, I had already decided that I want to try to use a wiki next year. The different wikis gave me several ideas that I want to play around with to see what I think will work best for our wiki. I honestly can't wait to see how this wiki turns out.

1 comment: