CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #23

Classroom 2.0 has a lot to offer educators. I found several groups that I thought might be interesting to follow. There was a lot to look at so I am going to go back later and take a look at more of the features and groups that Classroom 2.0 has to offer. My overall impressions of Classroom 2.0 is that at first it looks very overwhelming. There is so much information on just the first page that it is hard to determine where to start. I was surprised that you had to wait to be accepted to Classroom 2.0. I thought that it would be automatic. When I looked at the MISD 23 Things ning it wasn't as overwhelming. I was able to navigate that page more efficiently. I had a little difficulty trying to figure out how to get back to the page I created, but after that it was really easy to add new things to my page.

Overall, social networking is a valuable tool. I can see it being used not only in my professional career, but also in my personal life. In fact I already do a lot of social networking and I've been doing it for a long time. When I first discovered Classmates I was using that as means to finding my old friends. As far as I'm concerned that is a form of social networking as well. Social networking just opens so many opportunities both professionally and personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment