CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #22

Social networking is starting to play a major role in society. My husband uses his Facebook to help him network with other friends and former co-workers. In fact that is how he is finding about several job openings that he may be interested in. It's also a great way for students to meet other students and to work with each other on assignments. I've heard several of my students talk about how so and so helped them with a math problem over Myspace. As for educators being familiar with these sites, this is a great way to work with our students. Many of my students have asked if I have a Myspace account, since they could contact me that way instead of through e-mail. I think it is a very valuable tool in reaching our students.

On a personal level I just joined Facebook this summer so that I could stay in touch with my family and friends. I like the fact that I can see what is going on with my friends and family on a daily basis without having to call them. Instead, I can just see if something new is posted on my Facebook page. A nice feature about Facebook is that we can control who can see us and who can't. I've already had to do this due to some problems with an extended family member. I like Facebook the most only because I meet more of my friends on this site than on Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment