CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #17

I think that podcasts are great since they further enhance our students learning through technology. The only issue that I have is that most of the podcasts that I found for ICT were talking about things that my students aren't ready for. They are just starting to go into the job market so most of the stuff in the podcasts would be over their head. However, other curriculum areas have some great stuff to use. I am hoping that as podcasting grows it will offer more for my students. I did manage to find a couple of podcasts that I have subscribed to that is related to my curriculum. The first one was Careercast which I found the The Education Podcast Network. This had at least a few podcasts that I felt might be beneficial to my students. The other podcast I found was Your Hired! Interview Skills and I found that through PodcastAlley. I have several ideas as to how I can use these in the classroom. I may just play them in class or I am going to assign them as homework or extra credit. My only concern about making it a homework assignment is for those students who may not have the equipment to access the podcasts. Podcasts are great for teaching, but until every student has the means to get to them, but I'm still willing to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment